In 1875 Quanah Parker led the last of the free Comanches to the reservation, where he became a rancher. Quanah was appointed principal chief by the U.S. Government and became a founder of the Native American Church. He became a pal of Teddy Roosevelt and struggled with the government to retain as much of Comanche lands as possible.
The image above is of Quanah's tombstone at Fort Sill, Oklahoma. Quanah died in 1911 and originally was buried in Poison Oak Mission Cemetery. He was moved to Fort Sill in 1957.